Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Oh.My. (Avocado & Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette)

Even though I just put up our menu yesterday, it's already fallen apart and I couldn't be happier. This morning I found this recipe for Avocado & Grilled Corn Salad on Pinterest and this evening we had it for dinner.  Perfection!  Below you will find the original recipe from http://authenticsuburbangourmet.blogspot.com/ along with my notes.  And after you make this delicious salad, go check out her blog, there is some yummy food there!

Avocado & Grilled Corn Salad
5 Ears Corn, husk removed, brush with olive oil and grilled, remove corn with sharp knife (I used 3 ears)
2 Avocados, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning
2 C. Tomatoes, red and yellow cherry variety or equivalent
1 Small red onion, finely diced
¾ C. Feta, crumbled
1 ½ C. English cucumber, skin on and chopped small dice
(1 C. black beans)

Add to a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.

Cilantro Vinaigrette
6 T. Olive oil
2 T. Sherry vinegar (I used a combination of apple cider and balsamic vinegars)
1 t. Garlic powder
2 T. Fresh cilantro, minced
½ t. Salt
10 Grinds of fresh ground pepper
Add all of the dressing ingredients in a small glass jar with a lid. Shake really well. Taste and adjust seasoning and ratios of oil and vinegar as you desire. (I did not measure and just eyeballed the whole thing, it turned out perfectly.  The only change I will make next time -and there will be a next time- is to add a squeeze of lime at the end to brighten everything up.)

When ready to serve salad, add the dressing and gently toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment