We love muffins in this house and I try to find a good combination of
healthy, filling and yummy.
|Blueberry breakfast muffins|
This recipe is very quick and easily comes together, taking longer to bake then to prepare.
The kids loved them and I loved using up those overripe bananas that have been sitting on our counter.
It's also easy to substitute ingredients in this recipe. Applesauce for the butter or eggs, all whole wheat flour, and any fruit can be used in place of the blueberries.
Anyway, they are awesome, give them a try!
1/2 c AP flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 c old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbs butter, softened
1/2 c brown sugar
2 very ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 c plain yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Place muffin liners in muffin tin.
3. Combine first 5 ingredients.
4. In another, bigger bowl, combine the butter and brown sugar and stir with a wooden spoon.
5. Add in eggs, one at a time and stir to combine.
6. Add in smashed bananas, yogurt, and vanilla and stir to combine.
7. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir just enough to not see any flour.
8. Fold in blueberries carefully.
9. Drop batter into muffin tins and bake for 22-28 min for regular sized muffins and about 10-12 min for mini muffins.