Sunday, May 20, 2012

2012 Week 21

Good, beautiful morning!  This weekend was our town fair and this morning was the hot air balloon launch.  Although noone wanted to wake up early with me and go see the balloons lift up, we all watched them fly over the house with our jammies on.
And since we were all staying home, we needed some yummy breakfast to go with the beautiful sights.  I found this recipe for strawberry muffins that turned out so well.  I'm thinking that they would work with any fruit, and also a squeeze of lemon juice.  They were perfect with some bacon (for Scott and the kids) and a homemade latte!

If we get any cool days this week, I'm all over this Chili Verde from Giada.  The veggies in it look sooo yummy!  But really this is just a way for me to save the recipe, I think this week is going to be warm (no complaints from me!).

Lastly, our CSA starts this week!!  Yay!  I am so excited.  We are supposed to receive - hakurei turnips - green garlic - walking onions - broccoli raab - baby kale - arugula.  Dishes this week will definitely be focusing around these yummy new veggies! 

Anyway, on to the week's dinner plan...
Sunday - Grilled hot dogs and brats with the neighbors (veggie ones for some of us!)
Monday - Tacos by request.  I'm thinking traditional, with all the sides.  I make them with veggie crumbles from the freezer section.  Add a little taco seasoning and a little water and sauté for a few minutes.  So good.
Tuesday - Panini's on the grill sound super yummy.  I've been thinking about an arugula, mozzarella, tomato panini, with pesto.
Wednesday - I'd like to try a kale and walnut pesto, still looking for recipes.  Maybe with a fruit salad.
Thursday - It's supposed to be super hot, I'm thinking some cold salads...
Friday - Grilled veggies (broccoli raab and walking onions), grilled salmon and a nutty couscous side.
Saturday - We will be in Vail with some friends for Memorial Day weekend, so dinner will be out I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment