Friday, November 22, 2013

2013 Thanksgiving Dinner Menu

Gobble Gobble

This year Thanksgiving will be a little different around here.  I'm about 2 or 3 weeks away from having baby #3 and I'm just not that into cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner. So Scott and his mom and my mom and taking over.  I've planned our dishes, and Scott already has his turkey plan, but that's about as much as I'm going to do.  I'm hoping to just spend the day on the couch "overseeing" what happens in the kitchen!

Here is what our Thanksgiving dinner will be this year:

Appetizers
Honey, Brie, and Apple Bruschetta 
Nuts and Olives
Veggie plate with homemade ranch

Main Dishes
Turkey - I think Scott's grilling the big bird again this year
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Turkey gravy & Mushroom gravy
Chopped brussels sprout salad - this was a big hit last year, so good
Delicata squash roasted with gouda - I love delicata squash and what's NOT good about gouda??
Shiitake mushroom stuffing
Crescent Rolls
Cranberry Sauce

Dessert
Maple Pumpkin Pie with Salted Pecan Brittle 
Chocolate turkey cupcakes (for the kids, or the kids at heart)

Drinks
Cranberry Slush for the kids and me - yummy!
Wine, Beer

-----------

Also, I'm going to make these delicious looking fresh cranberry scones
ahead of time for breakfast that morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment