Sunday, November 17, 2013

2013 Week 47

L's family portrait
Bad news: I made the mistake of buying a box of cereal with a toy inside this week.
Now the kids know that such a thing is possible, toys in food. 
Good news: The toy was a Chewbacca pen and L drew this for me.  
I love everything about it.  I love the way he spelled mommy and daddy, 
I love the way he drew the dog, I love the sun with a smiley face.  
Honestly, the whole thing kills me.

Dinners this week:
Sunday - Let's go Broncos!  Game day food is on the menu.  Yummy, grilled quesadillas with lots of toppings and lots of fillings.  Peppers and onions, grilled chicken, cheese, and beans.
Monday - Veggie and tofu stir fry with rice.
Tuesday - Easy noodle dish, maybe crockpot spaghetti, or baked penne.  I might try this recipe with a few more added veggies.
Wednesday - Tostadas, I guess that's pretty similar to Sunday's dinner, but I love a crispy tostada!  Thinking black bean and sweet potato combo.
Thursday - Scott's birthday!  It's all his favorites with grilled steak, mashed potatoes and a green veggie.  I'll throw a portobello mushroom on the grill for me.  All this is followed by cheesecake.  Still looking for a great recipe.  I can't get the birthday guy to settle on a flavored cheesecake or traditional one.
Friday - Some sort of shrimp recipe.  Not sure what yet, but the kids and Scott all love shrimp and we never cook it at home!  Any suggestions?
Saturday - Dinner out or grilling with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment