Sunday, January 25, 2015

2015 Week 4

 This is what happens when I try to get granola bars 
out of a pan without using parchment paper.
Lesson learned!

In other news, our fun day at the museum 
this week was exhausting for one of us!

In food news, we're still going strong with our eat more fruits and veggies work.
Again, eating more fruits has been very easy. 
Getting more veggies in takes more thought, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. 
We're also working on cutting out sugar. 
Scott and I have cut it out completely, including honey and other sweeteners.
It's really hard work.
We haven't consciously changed what the kids are eating,
but I am way more aware of what we give them.
I'm not sure where I see this experiment going, 
but I really am happy to break this little addiction for a bit.

Dinners this week:
Sunday - Leftovers. We've got a fridge full!
Monday - Mediterranean orzo salad with grilled chicken/fish and fruit.
Tuesday - Tortilla soup (from the freezer) served with chips, cheese, guacamole and a salad.
Wednesday - Grilled salmon, a quinoa salad with kale, and fruit.
Thursday - Roasted cauliflower and chick pea tacos and a green spinach salad.
Friday - Homemade pizza night with salad and fruit.
Saturday - Spaghetti night with steamed broccoli and fruit.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment